Take Charge is a program that provides men and women coverage for family planning services to help them take charge of their lives and prevent unintended pregnancies.
Am I eligible?
Your income must be at or below 260 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) and you must either be:
- Uninsured and not eligible for Apple Health (Medicaid) coverage, OR
- Insured and seeking confidential family planning services.
Take Charge is not available for undocumented residents.
How do I apply?
First go to Washington Healthplanfinder to see if you are eligible for Apple Health coverage or a subsidized Qualified Health Plan. If you're eligible, it's best to sign up for one of those plans, because they provide full health care coverage, which includes family planning.
What services are covered?
Family planning and related services cover:
- Family planning education and risk reduction counseling.
- All FDA approved birth control methods including: pills, patches, rings, shots, IUDs, implants, diaphragms, cervical caps, condoms, and spermicides (foam, cream, and gels), and emergency contraception.
- Education and supplies for natural family planning and abstinence.
- Permanent methods: tubal ligations (“tubes tied”), hysteroscopic sterilization, and vasectomy.
- Limited screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs, STDs).
- Screening for cervical cancer and a well woman physical exam.
- Office visits directly related to a family planning problem when medically necessary.
Take Charge does not cover:
- Services unrelated to family planning, such as: follow-up of abnormal Pap smears, pregnancy care, evaluation and treatment of health problems like diabetes, asthma, or high blood pressure.
Where can I get services?
Condoms and spermicides (contraceptive foam, cream, gel) are available at pharmacies without a prescription.
Pure CLA Safflower Oil Supplement - 180 Softgel Capsules, Conjugated Linoleic Acid Weight Loss Diet Pills, Natural CLA 1250mg Plant Derived Seed Complex for Men & Women, Fat Burner, Non Stimulant
Health and Beauty (aSquared Brands)
Magnetic Dry Erase Board Calendar by planOvation (16x12 Horizontal) (Black)
Office Product (Traffic & Trade Group)
SneakPeek - Early Gender Prediction DNA Test
Health and Beauty (Gateway Genomics)
Myo-Inositol for PCOS Supplement (240 Capsules / 1 Month Supply) by Doctor MK's®, All Natural Aid for Fertility, 2000mg - 4000mg daily for Reproductive Support
Health and Beauty (doctor MK's NATURAL)