Once you have decided to use family planning, you must choose a method. To make a good decision you must first learn about the different methods, and their advantages and disadvantages.
These methods of family planning are described on the following pages. As you read about each method, here are some questions you may want to consider:
- How well does it prevent pregnancy (its effectiveness)?
- How well does it protect against STIs, if at all?
- How safe is it? If you have any of the health problems mentioned in this chapter, you may need to avoid some types of family planning methods.
- How easy is it to use?
- Is your partner willing to use family planning?
- What are your personal needs and concerns? For example, do you have all the children you want, or are you breastfeeding your baby?
- How much does the method cost?
- Is it easy to get? Will you need to visit a health center often?
- Will the side effects (the problems the method may cause) create difficulties for you?
Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test, 7 Count (Packaging May Vary)
Health and Beauty (Clearblue)
Best Natural Childbirth Program - Painless Birthing Program Pain Free Pregnancy - Labor Pain and Childbirth Fears Eliminated - First Pregnancy Works Like Hypno Birthing and Hypno Babies - Reduces and Eliminates Painful Labor, Painful Childbirth, and Stress
Baby Product (GEC)
Fertility Tracker - Saliva Ovulation Microscope - Monitor Saliva Ferning to Predict Ovulation
Health and Beauty (Fertility Tracker)